Doctoral Programme Industrial Biotechnology: 12 open fellowships. Structured PhD programme (German doctorate) in Industrial Biotechnology, offered at: TU Dortmund University (Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biochemical engineering, Bhemical engineering) Bielefeld University (Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Systems Biology, Bioinformatics) University of Düsseldorf (Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, Engineering)
The CLIB-Graduate Cluster Industrial Biotechnology offers 12 PhD scholarships starting in the spring 2011 semester. This is a structured doctoral programme of Bielefeld University, the TU Dortmund University and the Heinrich-Heine-University of Düsseldorf. All three universities are located in NRW, the most populous state of Germany with an excellent research and industrial infrastructure.
Doctoral candidates will join top research labs working both on applied and basic research, take part in key qualification courses and yearly retreats, and have the opportunity to join a company for a 3-month industrial internship. They will receive a stipend of 1500 EUR per month for a duration of 36 months.
Research projects span the range of industrial biotechnology and are available in the following areas:
* polyomics (systems biology, -omics technologies, bioinformatics)
* expression (novel and established organisms, secretion systems)
* biocatalysis (whole-cell and single-molecule biocatalysis, enzyme optimisation)
* downstream processing (product purification, innovative processes)
How to Apply:
We invite excellent graduates with a M.Sc./M.A. or Diploma in bioinformatics, biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, biochemical or chemical engineering (or related disciplines) to apply. Students who will graduate before 01 March 2011 are also encouraged to apply. Please see our website www.graduatecluster.net for open positions and application instructions.
Application Deadline is 12 November 2010. Projects start 01 April 2011.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Scholarships-Open Positions: CLIB-Graduate Cluster for Industrial Biotechnology – Germany
- Ph.D Scholarship at Faculty of Chemistry and Life Sciences-KIT – Germany
- Bio-informatics-Computational Biophysics, Ph.D. Position in Germany
- Biotechnology Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Thailand
- Full-time Doctoral Fellowships – Germany