Building further on our experience with covalent enzyme inhibitors, UAMC has initiated an innovative research program focussing on selective activity-based chemical probes to quantify and image enzyme activity. This technology has considerable potential in drug discovery and development, bioimaging, biomarker research and chemical biology. · You will be responsible for developing synthetic protocols, synthesis and evaluation of the chemical probes · You will guide and coordinate the activities of 2 PhD students · You will be responsible for project reports to the steering committee on a regular basis · You will be working within our international group of 15-20 researchers and you will collaborate with the proteomics partner of the project · You will get in contact with more than 10 companies interested in this technology.
You have a PhD in Organic or Medicinal Chemistry · Experience with chemical biology and/or activity-based probes is an Advantage · You have an excellent knowledge of synthetic organic chemistry and you enjoy problem solving · You are highly motivated to work in a multidisciplinary team · You have excellent organizational and communication skills and you are prepared to work under strict timelines.
Application Deadline is November 15, 2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD Fellowships in Medicinal Chemistry (3) by the University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Research Professor (tenure track BOF) Analytical Chemistry with Emphasis on Environmental Chemistry – Belgium
- PhD Research Fellow in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Computer Science or Mathematics – Belgium
- Postdoctoral Position in Bioinformatics 2011 by Ghent University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Position in Differential Geometry at ULB, Belgium