VIB is offering eight PhD scholarships for international life sciences students. Apply now to kick-start your scientific career in a centre of excellence in the heart of Europe, backed by first class research facilities and training in our multidisciplinary, international scientific community. VIB scientists work at the frontlines of molecular biology, cell biology, developmental biology, structural biology, plant systems biology, genetics, biochemistry and microbiology. Selected candidates will be fully funded with a yearly net salary of €23.500 and are expected to start in October 2012.
The VIB International Ph.D. Program is aimed towards all non-Belgians, currently living abroad. Candidates should hold a university degree, or satisfy equivalent requirements, which is sufficient to start a doctoral program at a Flemish university. This means that applicants must hold a 5-year University degree, or equivalent, in life sciences (e.g. biology, biochemistry, biotechnology), physics, engineering, chemistry, or related fields. In general, this implies that the applicant has a Masters degree. Applicants, who have not yet received their degree at the time of the application deadline, can also apply, but a final certificate of the degree is needed no later than 2 months after the selection interviews.
Application Deadline is 15 February 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- International PhD program in Basic and Applied Molecular Life Sciences 2011-12
- Max Perutz International PhD Program Molecular Life Sciences – Austria
- Doctoral Program in Life Sciences and Biomedicine by Paris University
- 10 International Fellowships to Integrative Biology Postdoctorals in omics 2011 by VIB, Belgium
- 150 Developing Countries Scholarships in Cud Scholarship Program 2012, Belgium