“We support the project AFRICA IS COMING! Because it encourages cultural exchange. Both the African participants and the participating Daimler employees gain valuable new experiences. The initiative also promotes the economic exchange and development of African young professionals.”
In 2008, the initiative AFRIKA KOMMT! (AFRICA IS COMING!) was called into being by 19 leading German enterprises – the very first joined initiative for capacity building of German industry. It aims at young highly qualified professionals from Subsaharan African countries with several years of work experience on the job and in some cases already holding a leading position.
After the successful completion of the first run, the German companies have decided to continue with AFRIKA KOMMT!
The purpose of the programme is the qualification of young professionals and junior executives in international management competencies. During a twelve-month stay in Germany, a nine-month internship in one of the participating companies forms the core of the programme. The practical training gives participants the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of management practice and to participate in economic, social and organisational change processes and will enable them to establish a network between cooperation partners from their home companies and German companies.
The programme will be conducted in German.
Objectives of the programme
- become acquainted with the functioning of and working processes in German enterprises
- know the potentials of the German economy and are capable of estimating the potentials of cooperation with their home countries
- broaden their know-how and management competencies and are able to initiate and implement change processes
- reflect working and living conditions in their home countries based on the experiences in Germany
- contribute to mutual learning processes between Germans and themselves
- establish a network of cooperation partners for German companies in their home countries
-University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Engineering and Banking, Communication/Media, HR, Law, Sales, Marketing; Postgraduate Degree (MBA) is an advantage
-Usually 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent English language skills
- Preferably basic knowledge of the German language
- Not older than 35 years and physically fit
- Female candidates are welcome
Application Deadline is 31.10. 2010
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- African Initiative Fellowship Program – Africa
- Africa PhD Fellowship by The West Africa Centre for Crop Improvement(WACCI)
- Congress-bundestag Youth Exchange Programe For Young Professionals – Germany
- The Africa Rice Center Research Scholarship – Africa
- Sub-Saharan African Students DRD Scholarships in South Africa