The American Meteorological Society is pleased to announce the AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship program, open to all high school students and designed to encourage study in the atmospheric and related sciences. Serving as a unique example of various sectors of our field joining together to support young, talented minds, the scholarships are being sponsored by partners in industry and the government, as well as through named scholarships either established by an AMS member or in memory of someone. The sponsors of these scholarships have all recognized the importance in encouraging young people to enter into the atmospheric and related sciences and thus have made generous contributions in support of the 2010 AMS Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship Program.
* Applicants must be U.S. citizens or hold permanent resident status.
* Applicants must be entering their freshman year of college in the fall of 2011 as a full-time student and plan to pursue a degree in the atmospheric or related oceanic or hydrologic sciences.
* Students eligible to apply for both the AMS Minority Scholarship Program and the AMS Freshman Scholarship Program may apply to both programs, but may only accept one AMS scholarship.
Evaluation and Selection:
The evaluation of applicants will be based on applicant’s performance in high school, including academic records, recommendation, scores from a national college exam, and a written essay. Selections will be made by the AMS Executive Committee based on recommendations from the AMS Committee of Judges for Undergraduate Awards. The AMS does not prepare written evaluations of either successful or unsuccessful candidates.
Application Deadline is 11 February 2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- American Fisheries Society Molly Ahlgren Undergraduate Scholarship – USA
- AMS Graduate Fellowship in the History of Science – USA
- Pacific University Oregon Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students – USA
- Boren Scholarship for American Undergraduate Students – USA
- 2011 Suffrage Centennial Undergraduate Women Scholarship – USA