During the 2012/2013 academic year, the CARTA program is planning to offer up to 25 PhD fellowships. The Fellowship, which is tenable at one of the participating African universities, includes the cost of fellows’ participation in the advanced seminars; a modest monthly stipend; small grants for research activities; a laptop loaded with relevant software; funds for travel to conferences, as well as costs for participating in joint program activities. The fellowship runs for a maximum of four years. Fellowships cover tuition fees, medical insurance, and other university fees in special circumstances only. Partner institutions are expected to continue paying Fellows’ salaries (or equivalent) and to modify workloads for the fellows to enable them to fully participate in CARTA organized activities pertaining to their PhD programme and also to concentrate fully on their PhD studies. Fellows are encouraged to seek supplemental funding to cover additional costs of their doctoral program.
* A Masters degree in a relevant field.
* Prior admission into a PhD program is not required for application but awards are contingent on such admission being obtained at one of the participating African universities.
* Applicants for this program must be teaching or research staff at one of the participating African institutions and should be committed to contributing towards building capacity at their institutions.
* Applicants’ PhD research proposal must be related to public and population health or to sexuality studies.
* Fellowships are only open to people who have not yet registered for a PhD or are in the very early stages (first year) of the PhD program
* Applicants must commit to participation in all four annual residential Joint Advanced Seminars (JAS), and to engage in inter-seminar activities designed to keep fellows actively engaged and in continual communication with peers and mentors.
* Male applicants must be under the age of 40 years and female applicants under the age 45 years.
Application Deadline is April 15, 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- CDDRL Pre-doctoral and Postdoctoral Fellowships 2012-2013 by FSI, Stanford University, USA
- Call for Scholarship Applications 2011-12 for PhD Programs at IMT, Italy
- Call for Applications 2010-2011 – Ph.D Programme in Agrobiosciences, Italy
- Applications Open for Max Weber and Jean Monnet Fellowships – Italy
- The Nippon Foundation API Fellowships Program 2012