The Center, originally known as NCGEB, was first setup under the Ministry for Science, Technology and Energy on 20 September 1983. BIOTEC income is sourced from government funding and revenues from providing services/commercialization and non-government entities such as international funding agencies and private foundations.
For young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) who wish to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology at the National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (BIOTEC), Thailand.
Important: The following is additional information concerning the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme tenable in Thailand. It is an integral part of the information given here: TWAS Fellowships for Postdoctoral Research..
Applicants should be aware that they can apply for only one fellowship per year. With the exception of the fellowships “for research collaboration”, all other fellowship programmes offered by TWAS and TWOWS are mutually exclusive.
* TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowships are tenable in BIOTEC and its affiliated research units for a period of twelve (12) to twenty-four (24) months and are awarded to young scientists from developing countries (other than Thailand) to enable them to pursue advanced research in the biotechnology.
* BIOTEC will provide a standard monthly allowance which should be used to cover living costs, such as accommodation and food.
* The language of instruction is English.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
* Be nationals of a developing country (other than Thailand).
* Hold a PhD degree in any of the following fields: molecular biology, molecular genetics, microbiology, biochemistry, biotechnology and bioinformatics and related disciplines.
* Apply for the fellowship within five years of having obtained a PhD degree in the fields indicated above.
* Be regularly employed at a research and/or teaching institution in their home country where they must hold a research assignment.
* Provide an official Acceptance Letter from BIOTEC. Requests for acceptance must be directed to BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division (e-mail rucd [at] biotec.or.th) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
* Provide evidence of proficiency in English.
Submitting your application
* The deadline for receipt of applications is 15 September of each year.
* Applicants should submit the Acceptance Letter from to BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division to TWAS and BIOTEC when applying or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection.
* Reference letters: Referees must send signed letters as attachment via e-mail directly to TWAS and BIOTEC. The subject line must contain: TWAS-BIOTEC/PDoc/candidate’s surname. Alternatively, letters should be sent by post in sealed envelopes.
* Applicants for the TWAS-BIOTEC Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme should send their application to TWAS and BIOTEC.
Click on the links below to download the application form and guidelines. Before applying it is recommended that you read very carefully the application guidelines for detailed information on eligibility criteria, deadlines and other key requirements of the application procedure.
TWAS Fellowships Office
ICTP Campus, Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-314
Fax: +39 040 2240-689
BIOTEC Research Unit Coordination Division
National Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology
113 Phahonyothin Road
Klong1, Klong Luang
Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Tel: (66-2) 564 3700
Fax: (66-2) 564 6707
forFurther Scholarship Information click here.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Programme in Department of Biotechnology, India
- Fellowship Programme in Pakistan by TWAS & International Centre for Chemical and Biological Science
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mexico by TWAS & CONACYT
- Centre of Excellence in Molecular Biology & TWAS Fellowship Programme in Pakistan
- The Nippon Foundation Fellowships For Asian – Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand