The Image Group at the Department of Computer Science (DIKU), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, seeks a postdoctoral researcher on the project “Human Motion”.
The group is developing a low cost marker-less vision-based system for 3 dimensional human motion capture with applications in biomechanical measurements and physiotherapeutic rehabilitation. The research group has already developed a functioning tracking system and the postdoctoral candidate will, in collaboration with other members of the group, assist in further development. Specifically, the postdoctoral researcher will work with initialization and improvements of the visual observation system as well as develop methods for analysis and comparison of human motion.
The successful applicant will have a background in computer vision, pattern recognition and machine learning, and previous work in tracking and motion analysis will be a benefit but not a requirement.
Submission of Applications Details:
The application must contain
* Curriculum Vitae incl. list of publications
* Up to 3 of the candidate´s scientific publications for evaluation
* An initial project proposal outlining what the applicant would like to achieve during the period as a post doc
* PhD assessment committee´s provisional or final evaluation
* A copy of the PhD diploma
Contact Persons Details:
Associate Professor Kim Steenstrup Pedersen, PhD
Department of Computer Science
University of Copenhagen
phone: +45 35321455
Application Deadline is 15-11-2010
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Scholarship in Human Locomotor Control Denmark
- Postdoctoral Scholarship Position in the Area of Statistical Shape Analysis – USA
- Novel Antifouling Coatings Based on Enzymes PhD Position at Technical University of Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Microbial Physiology and Single Cell Analysis – Denmark
- IT University of Copenhagen Postdoctoral Fellowship – Denmark