Next generation sequencing (NGS) is the key technology to analyze the transcriptome, determine DNA-binding protein maps, interrogate sequence variants and sequence the genome of new organisms or individuals. The Genome Biology Computational Support aims at providing the whole Genome Biology unit with support in term of NGS data storage and analysis. We use emBASE, a local branch of the open source BASE platform, to store and annotate both microarray and NGS data. Data analysis is performed on a high performance cluster and managed using a local Galaxy instance.
Application deadline is 06 May 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- EMBL International PhD Fellowships in Molecular Biology 2011-12, Germany
- Postdoctoral Position in Bioinformatics 2011 by Ghent University, Belgium
- Bioinformatics Research Fellowship in University of Leeds 2011, UK
- PhD studentships in Bioinformatics group in Institute for Mathematics and Computer – Germany
- PhD Studentship at German Cancer Research Center 2011, Germany