WISER has over the last ten years established itself as the leading South African interdisciplinary research institute in the Humanities and Social Sciences, promoting local and international debate on the complexities of change in South Africa and Africa, understood from comparative and global perspectives. A strong commitment to doctoral training and supervision is a critical part of WISER’s mission. Funding from the Ford Foundation has enabled us to continue our longstanding doctoral fellowship programme, and we are able to fund several students for full-time doctoral study.
Candidates should have a distinguished academic record in one of the following disciplines: sociology, history, philosophy, anthropology, literary studies, cultural studies, art, drama, law, public health and human geography.
-This is a full-time programme and is not compatible with other employment.
-Doctoral fellows will work within the Institute, and be expected to work closely with research staff, and to participate fully in the intellectual life of the Institute.
Application Deadline is 13th January 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Doctoral Scholarships in Social Sciences and Arts 2012 by University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- IFAS Research Scholarship in Humanities and Social Sciences 2011 in South Africa
- Doctoral Fellowships in UCT Institute for Humanities 2011 Africa
- NRF Freestanding Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, South Africa
- Andrew W.Mellon Post-Doctoral Fellowships, South Africa