The late Dr Eberhard Wenzel was an academic in the School of Public Health and worked in public health with a range of international health agencies for over 20 years. Dr Wenzel had a tremendous knowledge and understanding of public health issues facing humanity and his establishment of the Virtual Library for Public Health and the International Public Health Watch websites provided important means for him to engage with others who shared his passion for the field. The objective of this Scholarship is to enable students to undertake research which will advance understanding of a public health topic relevant to the academic interests of the late Dr Eberhard Wenzel. There is one (1) Scholarship valued at $2,000, for a student enrolled in either full or part-time study in the Master of Public Health (research option), Master of Health Services Management (Honours), Master of Nutrition and Dietetics (research option) or an Honours program with the School of Public Health. The intent of the scholarship is to support the thesis component of the student’s honours or masters program of study. Selection will be based on review and assessment of applications.
-The Scholarship is open to all applicants of:
-Griffith Health Group Honours Program enrolled with the School of Public Health
- Master of Public Health (research option),
- Master of Nutrition and Dietetics (research option) and
-Master of Health Services Management (honours).
- The scholarship is open to both Australian residents and international students of the above named programs
- The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of Grade Point Average (GPA), referees reports, applicant’s proposed project and relevance to Dr Eberhard Wenzel’s research interests and the applicant’s personal achievements.
Application deadline is 22nd March 2013.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Sir Samuel Griffith Scholarships 2011 by Griffith University, Australia
- Women in Sport Honours Scholarship 2012 by Griffith University, Australia
- Griffith Business School Indigenous Scholarship by Griffith University, Australia
- 2011-12 CEDAR Public Health Research PhD Studentships UK
- Kidney Health Australia Biomedical Research Scholarship 2011, Australia