Chosun University is one of the oldest and most prestigious private universities in South Korea. Its campus is situated in Gwangju metropolitan city, in southwestern South Korea. The current president is Joen Ho-Jong. Around 32,000 students are enrolled.
The Mobile Computing Lab is seeking for skillful, hard working and creative candidates with good credentials to join our dynamic international team as Ph.D. or Masters Students within the area of wireless sensor networks or related fields.
* Expected commencement date: March 2011
Profile of Ideal Candidates:
* For Ph.D. applicants: Good M.S., preferably in Computer/Communications Engineering or related areas (good B.S. for those applying for the M.S. or integrated M.S.-Ph.D. program)
* Good background in wireless networks
* Good programming skills
* Good English language skills- written and oral
* Good ability to cooperate with others in a multicultural environment
* Good ability for highly motivated independent research
Application Procedure Details:
* Interested applicants should send the following to Prof. Sangman Moh at smmoh-at-chosun.ac.kr
1. Study plan (clearly stating the research topics you are interested in. We would like to know your research interests and their relation to those of our Lab)
2. Academic transcripts
3. Brief summary of most recent thesis and the status (e.g., accepted, in progress, submitted, etc.)
4. CV (to include names, date of birth, nationality, gender, contact details, education, work experience, publications, and TOEFL/IELTS score if English is not your mother tongue)
Only electronic applications are accepted. Items (1), (2) and (3) should be merged as one PDF file with the name Familyname_Firstname_MobicomLab_App2010.pdf. Item (4) should be saved as a PDF with the name Familyname_Firstname_CV.pdf. Both PDF files must be sent by the stated date and should have “2010 Application for Graduate Research Scholarship at the MobicomLab” as the e-mail subject.
For any further questions about the positions, please contact:
Prof. Sangman Moh (email: smmoh-at-chosun.ac.kr)
Application Deadline is Friday, November 19, 2010 Korean time (GMT + 9)
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- KIST International R&D Academy Master-PhD Scholarship – South Korea
- International Student Scholarships – Global Korea Scholarship, Korea
- Field Research Fellowship by Korean Foundation, Korea
- South African Descents Scholarship by Patrick & Margaret Flanagan – South Africa
- Centre for Trophoblast Research Graduate Studentship UK