The HCMTC is a 14 weeks full time course organized once every year at the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) in Basel. This intensive, participatory course is designed for postgraduates with at least 2 years professional experience. The course aims at introducing a range of skills and knowledge needed to work as a member of a District Health Management Team in resource poor settings, taking into consideration the national, international and global policies and strategies. A very limited number of scholarships are exclusively reserved for participants from resource poor countries working in or wishing to engage in primary health care /public health or district-level health services. Candidates must have a very good command of English, and have adequate academic or other training. The full scholarships will include the 14 weeks HCMTC, international flight, insurance, and accommodation and living costs.
– Candidates with a first professional qualification must have at least 2 years’ professional experience
-English requirements: TOEFL Paper 550 /TOEFL Computer 213/ TOEFL internet 79 – 80/IELTS 6.0 or native speaker or completed higher education in English (with written proof)
-A definite intention or commitment to work in a resource poor country.
Application deadline is 31 August 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- The Bulgarian-Swiss Research Programme 2012, Switzerland
- Swiss Government Scholarships for Fine Arts and Music – Switzerland
- Swiss Government Scholarship 2012/2013 for Indonesian Students, Switzerland
- 2011-2012 Bursaries to South African students by Swiss Universities, Switzerland
- Master Thesis in Environmental Toxicology 2011 by Eawag Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Switzerland