The Hilary Jolly Memorial Scholarship was established in 1978 under the provisions of the will of the late Dr Violet Hilary Jolly MSc, PhD for the purpose of furthering research in the field of Freshwater Ecology at the University of Waikato.
1. The Scholarship is known as the Hilary Jolly Memorial Scholarship. The Scholarship shall be awarded for full-time study in the field of Freshwater Ecology at masters or doctoral level at the University of Waikato. Areas of present staff research include plankton ecology and taxonomy, conservation ecology, ecotoxicology, fish physiology and ecology, invasive species and population genetics.
2. The criteria on which the Scholarship will be awarded will be academic merit and the relevance and importance of the applicant’s proposed study to the field. Candidates for the scholarship will also be judged on their research ability.
3. The Hilary Jolly Memorial Scholarship is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents, and international students.
Application Deadline is 1st February 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- The University of Waikato School Leaver Scholarship – New Zealand
- PhD Scholarships in Biological Sciences by University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Bryant Postgraduate Research Scholarship at University of Waikato – New Zealand
- Undergraduates Scholarship in Sanders Memorial Fund, New Zealand
- Bickerton-Widdowson Trust Memorial Scholarship 2011, New Zealand