These awards are intended for field research in one or more developing countries. Candidates must conduct their research in areas corresponding to IDRC’s research priorities and must ensure that their research project aligns with these priorities. n principle, IDRC supports research in all developing countries. At this time, however, we do not support awards that involve research in Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Eastern Europe, or Central Asia.
be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, or a citizen of a developing country
-be enrolled at a Canadian university at the doctoral level
-your research proposal must be approved by your thesis supervisor
-your proposed field research must take place in one or more developing countries and be conducted for a doctoral dissertation
-you must provide evidence of affiliation with an institution or organization in the developing-country region(s) in which the research will take place
-you must have completed course work and passed comprehensive exams before taking up the award.
Application Deadline is April 1,2012, and November 1,2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- IDRC Doctoral Research Awards, Canada
- NPTCI-IDRC Doctoral Research Awards in Economics in Western Africa 2011
- Graduate Global Leadership Fellowship for Developing Countries Students by UBC, Canada
- Canadian Window on International Development Awards 2011, Canada
- Doctoral Scholarships from Developing Countries, Belgium