An appeal was launched at the Biochemical Society’s meeting in December 1982 to commemorate the life and work of Sir Hans Krebs, FRS, by instituting a postgraduate (PhD) scholarship in biochemistry or an allied biomedical science, tenable at any British university. The generous response of many of Sir Hans’ pupils, colleagues and admirers in many countries has provided sufficient funds to allow a scholarship to be awarded in alternate years. The scholarship is primarily intended to be a mark of exceptional academic distinction and recognition of outstanding promise; it is not a means of ‘topping up’ grants already received from other sources.
There are no restrictions on nationality. It will cover fees at the home and EU student’s rate, and maintenance; (non-EU) overseas students will therefore need to find the balance of fees from other sources. Financial contribution from the host university will be looked upon favourably. Currently the scholarship is worth £18,500 per academic year.
Application deadline is 31 March 2013.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus Biomedical Science Scholarship, UK
- Postgraduate Scholarship in Plant Biochemistry by University of Sydney, Australia
- Biochemistry Scholarships for Overseas Students 2012 by University of York, UK
- Senior Research Fellowships in Basic Biomedical Science 2011, UK
- ISV Postdoctoral Position in Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology 2010, Belgium