Created in 1998, the international L’Oréal-UNESCO for Women in Science program aims to improve the position of women in science by recognizing outstanding women researchers who have contributed to scientific progress, and young women scientists engaged in exemplary and promising projects. As an extension of this program, L’Oréal Canada Inc., in collaboration with the Canadian Commission for UNESCO, offers two postgraduate scholarship supplements to young Canadian women scientists involved in promising research projects. The objective is to create a network of women who will act as role models to younger generations within the framework of a Canadian mentorship program for girls in science delivered by Actua, a national charity and supported by L’Oréal Canada Inc.
-have been awarded a NSERC PGS (Postgraduate Scholarship), NSERC CGS (Canada Graduate Scholarship) or a Vanier CGS (Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship) for the 2011-2012 or the 2012-2013 academic year;
-be a recipient of an active NSERC Scholarship;
-be willing to dedicate to the mentorship program three (3) days of the year during which the award is held;
-have obtained the support of their supervisor;
-be entering or currently enrolled in a doctoral program;
- be involved or will be involved in a research project in the life sciences field, including biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, agriculture, medicine, pharmacy and physiology.
Application Deadline is May 15, 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- 2010 Regional Fellowships for Women in Science in Sub-saharan Africa
- CMSA Scholarship Program 2012 at Canadian University, Canada
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards 2012-2013 by University of Windso, Canada
- Astellas Post Residency Fellowship by AMMI Canada – Canada
- CBIE Scholarship Program for Research Study by UBC, Canada