Methods for assessing the toxicity of pesticides to aquatic invertebrates currently do not account for important organism characteristics. For example, the sensitivity to pesticides might be influenced by age and sex. Regarding the population level effects of pesticides, it matters whether the individuals who die are young or old – the young ones have more potential to contribute to the population abundance than old individuals.
- Its organizational culture promotes scientific excellence, allows room for innovation and accords high priority to personnel development and gender equity.
- The Master thesis topic is about investigating whether mortality of Gammarus pulex under exposure to pesticides is influenced by sex and age.
Application Deadline is November 1st, 2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Position in Eawag Aquatic Research 2011-12, Switzerland
- PhD Student in Environmental Geochemistry by Eawag – Switzerland
- 2011-2012 Bursaries to South African students by Swiss Universities, Switzerland
- Master Scholarship in Optics in Science & Technology – France
- PhD Student in Environmental Geochemistry Switzerland