The NIHR/CNO Clinical Doctoral Research Fellowship (C-DRF) is aimed at post-degree nurses, midwives and allied health professionals sited in England who have at least 1 year’s experience of clinical practice since graduating, have had sufficient research experience or research training to prepare them to undertake a PhD, and who wish to obtain a PhD by research whilst still developing their clinical skills.
1. CAT C-DRF applicants must be graduate (post-degree) professionals from one of the following statutory-registered health professions: Nurse, Midwife, Art therapist, Dietitian
2. Applicants must have current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or the Health Professions Council (HPC) at the point of uptake of a CAT C-DRF award.
3. Applicants must have at least one year’s experience of clinical practice (directly engaged with patient care) since graduating.
4. Applications are welcome from individuals working in the NHS or other healthcare organization, or a recognized Higher Education Institution, and who intend to undertake their Fellowship in England.
5. Applicants are expected to have a First Class or Upper Second Class bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Applicants who have a Lower Second Class bachelor’s degree must normally also have Masters Degrees.
6. Applicants must have research experience and/or research training that prepares them to undertake a PhD (research doctorate). Evidence of research output commensurate with their previous experience and/or career stage will be sought.
7. Successful applicants must register for a PhD (research doctorate) at a recognised Higher Education Institution in England. Applicants who have already registered for a doctorate are eligible to apply as long as, at the point of uptake of an award, they have not been registered for longer than 12 months or 12 months Whole Time Equivalent.
8. Like other NIHR individual awards, this award does not fund professional doctorates. Individuals who are already registered on a professional doctorate may apply to the CAT C-DRF but this would require them to transfer their professional doctorate and register for a PhD. The same rules for registration described in point 7 above would apply.
Application deadline is 16th August 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Clinical Research Training Fellowship 2011 by University of Edinburgh, UK
- Cancer Research UK Clinical Training Fellowship by University of Southampton, UK
- Clinical Research Training Fellowship in Oncology by University of Manchester, UK
- Oxford University Clinical Research Fellowship in UK
- CID Clinical Research Fellowship Program for Surgeons, Switzerland