In 1997 the Trustees of the New Zealand Law Foundation unanimously determined to mark the centenary of the admission of Ethel Benjamin as the first woman barrister and solicitor. To that end they established this scholarship as a merit based award to outstanding women scholars. Purpose To support post graduate research in Law that encompasses the wider objectives of the NZ Law Foundation, in particular research that will protect and promote the interests of the public in relation to legal matters in New Zealand.
A Scholarship may be awarded to any woman scholar who is: A New Zealand citizen or permanent resident The holder of a New Zealand university law degree (Unless there are exceptional circumstances the award would normally be made to candidates who have gained the qualifying degree within the past three years.) Accepted into a post graduate course in law at either a New Zealand or an overseas university acceptable to the Selection Committee.
Application Deadline is 01/03/2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Energy Research Todd Foundation Scholarship – New Zealand
- Quest for Excellence Scholarship – New Zealand
- New Zealand Law Foundation Doctoral Scholarship in Law 2011-12
- Massey University Undergraduate Scholarship 2011, New Zealand
- Masterate Scholarship for Maori Students by Massey University – New Zealand