The aim of the project is to analyze, by mathematical modeling and computer simulation, different strategies of the human immune system against zygomycoses and the strategies of the Zygomycetes. For example, methods from evolutionary game theory can be used. The models will be built on, and validated by, experimental data from groups at the HKI. The model results will serve for the planning of new experiments. The ultimate goal is to derive suggestions for therapeutical interventions.
- a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Natural or Life Sciences (e.g. bioinformatics, biochemistry, mathematics). Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
-desirable methodological skills: mathematical modelling of biological processes.
Application Deadline is March 16, 2012 and April 16, 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD Student Fellowship in Natural or Life Sciences by JSMC, Germany
- PhD Fellowship funded by The German Excellence Initiative at JSMC, Germany
- PhD Fellowship in Microbial Origin of Banded Iron Formations by JSMC, Germany
- Junior Researcher – PhD Student in Cell Biology-Systems Biology (M/F) – Luxembourg
- 12 PhD Fellowships in Biology by Humboldt University, Germany