Applications are now invited from excellent candidates wishing to conduct research in the field of cognitive science and cognitive modeling in the context of the Brain & Cognition Research Priority Area. In addition to the Brain & Cognition subthemes, possible topics include, but are not restricted to, the cognitive modeling of music, language, evolution of cognition, and/or cultural transmission. The PhD candidate will be part of the Institute for Logic, Language and Computation. In the ILLC researchers from the Faculty of Science and the Faculty of Humanities collaborate. Its central research area is the study of fundamental principles of encoding, transmission and comprehension of information.
-A Master’s degree with excellent grades in a relevant field;
-Good academic writing and presentation skills;
-Good social and organizational skills.
Application deadline is 4 July 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD Position in Modelling Artificial Language Learning by University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Postdoc in Cognitive Neuroscience Netherlands
- PhD Scholarship for Visual Computation – Netherlands
- PhD Student in Neurogenesis 2012 by University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- PhD Studentships 2012 in Brain and Cognitive Ageing by University of Edinburgh, UK