The computational neuroscience group at the Department of Physiology studies mathematical models of neurons and synapses in the context of cortical information processing and learning. Particularly we are interested in biologically plausible models for learning and memory Which explain animal and human behavior. The current project aims to extend the theory of reinforcement learning in spiking neurons to networks and sequence learning.
Ideal candidates have a Master’s in related Theoretical Physics, Mathematics, Computational Neuroscience, or Engineering with a strong background in Mathematics.
Application deadline is April 30, 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD Position in Computational Screening of Energy Materials by DTU, Denmark
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Applied Physics by University of Bern, Switzerland
- Bio-informatics-Computational Biophysics, Ph.D. Position in Germany
- PhD Position in Optimization of Interconnected Networks 2011, Switzerland
- Cognitive Neuroscience Post Doctoral Position in Pompeu Fabra University (Barcelona) – Spain