A PhD scholarship in computer simulations of ion transport in biology is available at the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy (FKF) immediately. The position is associated with the MEMPHYS Center for Biomembrane Physics.The successful applicant will be employed in accordance with the agreement of 1 October 2008 on salaried PhD scholars between the Ministry of Finance and AC (the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations).
Outstanding candidates comfortable in the Linux computing environment, and from backgrounds in physical chemistry, biology, chemical engineering and physics are invited to apply. Knowledge of computer simulations is desired, but can be acquired during the job. The candidate will be working on an interdisciplinary project involving molecular biophysics, structural biology and computer simulations. This project will use all-atom and coarse-grained simulations, to investigate the fundamental molecular basis of ion transport in biological membranes and ion pump.
Application Deadline is 7 February, 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD Position in Metal Tags for Proteomics by University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Postdoctoral Position in Transport Properties of Novel Membrane Materials by Aarhus University, Denmark
- Postdoctoral Position in miRNA Biology 2011, Denmark
- Nucleic Acid Chemistry PhD Position and Double-coding DNA at University of Southern Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Mammalian Lipid Metabolism 2011 by The University of Southern Denmark, Denmark