EDA-EMERGE aims at training a new generation of young scientists in the interdisciplinary techniques required to meet the major challenges in the monitoring, assessment and management of toxic pollution in European river basins, taking into account the enormous complexity of contamination, effects and cause-effect relationships. By integrating innovative mode-of-action based biodiagnostic tools including in vitro tests, transgenic organisms and “omics” techniques with powerful fractionation and cutting edge analytical and computational structure elucidation tools, a new generation of effect directed analysis approaches will be developed for the identification of toxicants in European surface and drinking waters.
Your background should be in biochemistry or analytical chemistry. Excellent communication skills in English and skills in team work are essential. The position is available immediately. We offer a stimulating research environment in a lively and social institute in Dübendorf near Zürich, Switzerland.Researchers can be of any nationality but at the time of recruitment by the host organization, researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc) in the country of their host organization for more than 12months in the 3 years immediately prior to the reference date.
Application Deadline is January 31st 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Position in Eawag Aquatic Research 2011-12, Switzerland
- PhD Student in Environmental Geochemistry by Eawag – Switzerland
- Master Thesis in Environmental Toxicology 2011 by Eawag Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science and Technology, Switzerland
- Greenet Calls for Research Positions 2011
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Applied Physics by University of Bern, Switzerland