A PhD position in analytical natural product chemistry is available at Center for Microbial Biotechnology (CMB) at Department of Systems Biology at the Technical University of Denmark. The department represents the largest concentration of academic, biotechnological research in Denmark. The department is involved in research and teaching in the areas of bioinformatics, systems biology, biotechnology, molecular biology, medical microbiology, fermentation technology, metagenomics, enzyme protein and natural product chemistry. The department has approximately 150 scientific staff and around 80 technical/ administrative personnel. In addition to bachelor, master and PhD educations, collaborative research and innovation together with national and international universities and industries is given high priority at the department.
Candidates should have a master’s degree in chemical engineering, with a strong profile in organic chemistry/spectroscopy, or a similar degree with an academic level equivalent to the master’s degree in engineering. Only candidates that can documentate previous experience in structural characterization of natural products by high resolution mass spectrometry and nuclear magnetic resonance techniques will be taken into consideration for the position.
Application Deadline is 30 March 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Position in Fungal Natural Product Chemistry 2011, Denmark
- PhD Scholarship in Genetics and Protein Chemistry 2011 at University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Postdoctoral Position in Chemical Biology and Organic Chemistry – Denmark
- Technical University of Denmark- PhD Fellowship in Carbohydrate Chemistry at DTU Chemistry
- PhD Fellowship in Medicinal Chemistry by University of Southern Denmark, Denmark