The Department of Computer Science at the University of Copenhagen (DIKU) invites applications for a fully funded PhD Scholarship within identification and 3D localization of anesthetized animals. The study will cover areas from 3D Computer Vision, Image Analysis, and Machine Learning. The scholarship is funded by the Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation. The PhD project will be carried out in the Image Group at DIKU, in formal cooperation with the project partners and a number of collaborating research groups throughout the world.
The applicant should have:
-An MSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
-An MSc thesis within Computer Vision, Image Processing, and/or Machine Learning
-Excellent programming skills, experience in MATLAB and/or C++
-A solid background in mathematics and/or statistics
-Knowledge on depth image data analysis
-A wish to combine theoretical method development with practical experiments
- Courage to work together with industrial oriented people, and to spend part of the project time with the project partners.
Application deadline is 16 August 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD Scholarship in Machine Learning by DIKU, Denmark
- Denmark Postdoctoral Research Position within Vision-based Human Motion Analysis
- Research Fellow in Document Image Analysis – Spain
- 2011 PhD Positions in Morphological Image Analysis and Visualization Netherlands
- PhD Scholarship Position in Image Analysis Netherlands