The University of Waikato is one of New Zealand’s major research organisations, playing a key role in the local and national economy and making a significant contribution to the international innovation system. We are at the centre of a network of research institutions and industry in the Waikato that is responsible for a significant proportion of this nation’s research output – an engine room for our country’s social and economic development.
The candidate will be aligned with our Freshwater Outcome Based Investment in Lake Biodiversity, a 10 year research programme (July 2005 to June 2015), funded by the Ministry of Science and Innovation (MSI). This programme is organised under two linked Intermediate Outcomes: (i) Development of tools to monitor and reduce harmful algal blooms, and (ii) Surveillance and control of pest fish populations.
All applicants should have the proper qualification for Ph.D. study in the form of a BSc(Hons) degree or higher in an aligned field with a working knowledge of the Resource Management Act in New Zealand. The successful applicant will have good communication and problem solving skills, strong work ethic and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary research team. For further information on the requirements and regulations for undertaking at Ph.D. study at the University of Waikato.
Application Deadline is January 30, 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Science Admission Fees Scholarship by University of Waikato, New Zealand
- IPENZ Waikato / BOP Branch Scholarship 2012 by University of Waikato, New Zealand
- The University of Waikato School Leaver Scholarship – New Zealand
- Hilary Jolly Memorial Scholarship by University of Waikato, New Zealand
- PhD Scholarships in Biological Sciences by University of Waikato, New Zealand