The Niels Bohr Institute (www.nbi.ku.dk) at University of Copenhagen (www.ku.dk) invites applications two Ph.D. scholarship in theoretical condensed matter physics. One position is in the field of quantum science, including topological states in superconductors (Majorana Fermions), spin qubits and transport theory of nanostructures. The theory group works in close collaboration with the experimental Quantum Nanoelectronics Group and will from 2012 take part in the newly founded Center for Quantum Devices, headed by C.M. Marcus.
The successful applicant will be enrolled as a Ph.D. student at the University of Copenhagen for 3 years and will work in the Condensed Matter Theory Group at NBI. The group has 4 senior members, 3-4 post-docs, and ~10 PhD or master students. The Ph.D. program, in addition to the project work, comprises participation in courses or international Ph.D. schools and some activity as teaching assistant. Applicants must have completed a relevant M. Sc. Degree at the time of start of the appointment.
Application Deadline is May 1, 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Positions 2012 by The Niels Bohr International Academy, Denmark
- PhD Position in Condensed Matter Theory by Uppsala University , Sweden
- Postdoctoral Position in Soft Condensed Matter – France
- PhD Scholarships in Particle Physics 2011, Denmark
- PhD Student Position in Theoretical Nuclear Physics and Quantum Sweden