The division thermal power engineering is a part of the Department of Energy Sciences. The division’s research deals with the production of electricity, mainly by thermal processes. Both power plant cycles and components are studied. The research is fairly applied, but rests on knowledge of thermo-and fluid dynamics. Presently the division consists of 10 people, including three senior researchers. Division of power plant technology is looking for a graduate student specializing in balding aerodynamics, mainly directed against steam turbines. Research is mainly numerical with design tools and CFD. The position also includes teaching at undergraduate level.
An MSc degree is or equivalent is required for admission to postgraduate education. Finally, the student is expected to have the skills needed to complete the program. Students with basic eligibility for third-cycle studies are those who- have completed a second-cycle degree- have completed courses of at least 240 credits, of which at least 60 credits are from second-cycle courses, or- have acquired largely equivalent knowledge in some other way, in Sweden or abroad.
Application deadline is 2012-07-06.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Electric Power Systems – Sweden
- PhD Studentship in Industrial Automation 2012 by Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Research in Physics by Lund University, Sweden
- Doctoral Student Position in Combustion Physics by Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Studentship in Software Engineering by Lund University, Sweden