These are short-term appointments for 3-12 months depending on a project. The topics can be either proposed by the applicant or are proposed by the partners or associated partners of the network as indicated below.
High throughput screening toxicity in vitro methods for testing of selected chemicals and nano-particles in mixtures.
Research will assess applicability of experimental high throughput screening (HTS) methods for the assessment of toxicity of nano-particles and of a standard Water Framework Directive (WFD) list of compounds (both single and mixtures) using several protocols (Tetrahymena species, rat hepatoma cells (H4IIE), transfected yeasts cells (S. cerevisiae) with the human estrogen receptor (hER α)).
The results of the experiments with WFD-list compounds will be important to compare their toxic effects in the bulk state with those of nano-particles and to better understand their mode of action. This will allow better to understand which factors govern their behaviour and bioavailability as well as the toxicological effects of the chemicals and materials tested.
Successful candidates start at the next possible timepoint.
Qualifications Your Qualifications:
- Master / diploma in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, geoecology
- Profound experience in cell culture work
- Some background in analytical chemistry involving ideally GC-MS and isotope dilution techniques
- Strong interest in molecular ecotoxicology, particularly also in in-silico screening techniques
- Interest to work in an interdisciplinary environment involving interactions between chemistry, biology, modelling, and health.
- Highly motivated for the project, like to work with others, integrate into a team
Formal applications should be exclusively send electronically and should include:
- Full CV and non German citizenship
- A statement of motivation (not more than one page)
- Copies of relevant exams, grades, master thesis work or publications
- Contact information of two reference persons
Application Deadline is 31/01/2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Marie Curie Fellowships by by Helmholtz Zentrum Muenchen Departmen, Germany
- Research Professor (tenure track BOF) Analytical Chemistry with Emphasis on Environmental Chemistry – Belgium
- Ph.D Scholarship at Faculty of Chemistry and Life Sciences-KIT – Germany
- 12 PhD Fellowships in Chemistry/Biotechnology Germany
- Technical University of Denmark- PhD Fellowship in Carbohydrate Chemistry at DTU Chemistry