The research is directed towards methods to avoid large-scale power systems blackouts such as those that occurred in Sweden in 1983 and 2003. This is done through control of HVDC links, power plants and consumption based on data from PMU-s and other measurement systems. The work includes modelling and analysis of dynamics and stability of national power systems and also control system design.
To qualify for admittance to the third cycle (doctoral) study programme in industrial automation the applicant must hold a Master of Science or equivalent second cycle degree. The curriculum must include second cycle courses in methods or applications relevant for industrial automation. Examples of methods are mathematical modelling, control theory, mathematical statistics and optimization, while application examples are production systems, electric power systems and water systems.
Application Deadline is 2011-10-09
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Doctoral Studentship Position in Labour Law 2011 by Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Studentship in Automatic Control 2011 by Lund University, Sweden
- Lund University offers Doctoral Studentship 2012 in Theoretical Chemistry, Sweden
- PhD Studentship in Engineering logistics and Purchasing 2011 at Lund University, Sweden
- Lund University offers PhD Studentship in Physics 2011, Sweden