The focus of NCB Naturalis is on biodiversity research and education. NCB Naturalis curates one of the world’s largest natural history collections with about 37 million specimens. We present the history of our planet and the diversity of life on Earth with permanent and temporary exhibitions, educational programs and websites. Our research and education are maintained at a high academic level. The institute is appealing to a wide audience, attracting over 250,000 visitors and 5 million hits to its website annually. Co-operation with international institutions, including three renowned Dutch universities, and the outstanding collections, are all factors that attract hundreds of visiting scientists every year. Expectations and ambitions for the next few years are high. We will develop new exhibitions and plan to integrate several collections. NCB Naturalis will invest significantly in infrastructure for collections and research, including new buildings. In short, we are a developing, world-class institution, and present this exciting opportunity for you to help us achieve our ambitions and meet our challenges.
You must have a degree (drs./MSc) in Biology and have a strong interest and experience in fungal ecology and systematics, preferably including molecular and micromorphological techniques. As a person you are a driven and self-confident scientist with excellent analytical and communicational skills, and you are willing to conduct fieldwork in the arctic.
Application Deadline is 1st of April 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD Studentship in the field of Metabolomics and Chemometrics by Leiden University, Netherlands
- PhD Studentship in Linguistics by Leiden University, Netherlands
- Postdoctoral Position in Faculty of Humanities by Leiden University, Netherlands
- Ph.D. Studentship in Leiden University Centre for Linguistics, Netherlands
- Postdoctoral Position in Physics/Electrochemistry 2012 by Leiden University, Netherlands