The Leiden University Centre for Linguistics (LUCL) is an international institute for research and education in linguistics and is part of the Faculty of Humanities at Leiden University. Our main targets are to perform top quality research, to gain a prominent national and international visibility in both science and society and to maintain outstanding BA, MA and Research MA teaching programs in close relationship to current investigations. One of the research areas is formal theoretical and experimental linguistics, which focuses on the (formal) structure of language, and language as a cognitive function. The PhD student will be based in this group.
The candidate should have a Master’s degree in linguistics, psychology, cognitive neuroscience, or equivalent, and have a strong interest in interdisciplinary work. You should preferably have experience in infant research, artificial language learning, or cognitive neuroscience. You must be proficient in spoken Dutch (in order to be able to communicate with the parents at the babylab), spoken and written English, have good communication skills and a strong interest in a scientific career.
Application Deadline is 15 April 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Ph.D. Studentship in Leiden University Centre for Linguistics, Netherlands
- PhD Studentship in the field of Metabolomics and Chemometrics by Leiden University, Netherlands
- PhD Scholarship at Leiden Observatory Netherlands
- PhD Studentship in Linguistics by Leiden University, Netherlands
- PhD Position by the Institute of Political Science of Leiden University, Netherlands