We seek to appoint a PhD candidate for research in ethical aspects on green biotechnology. You will work in an interdisciplinary research team that has a strong focus on international publication of research outcomes within a research programme (Mistra Biotech) consisting of researchers from the KTH and the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (SLU).You will have close collaborations with researchers from both universities.
To be eligible for PhD studies a Master’s degree (or equivalent) is required. A suitable disciplinary background is ethics or philosophy. Applicants with a major in agricultural or biological science are also welcome. Knowledge in agriculture and/or biotechnology is a merit. The candidate should have a good command of English and Swedish or another Scandinavian language. The successful candidate should also be able to co-operate with other researchers and, for instance, representatives of government and business.
Application Deadline is 2012-01-09
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD Studentship in Computer Science, Privacy and Security, KTH Royal Institute of Technology 2011, Sweden
- PhD Studentship in Fusion Plasma Physics by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Mathematics by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- PhD Studentship in Combustion Physics Department by Lund University, Sweden
- PhD Studentship in Wave Energy by Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden