Inflammatory caspases are responsible for production of interleukin (IL)-1β and IL-18 upon their recruitment into inflammasomes. They also mediate the non-conventional secretion of danger signals and induce pyroptosis, a pro-inflammatory cell death program that removes infected immune cells and prevents intracellular replication of bacterial pathogens. On the other hand, inflammatory caspases may dampen immune responses. To better understand the functions of inflammatory caspases, we are currently looking for a motivated Ph.D. student to work on the identification and functional characterization of inflammatory caspase substrates. The successful candidate will make use of positional proteomics technologies to determine and compare the optimal protein substrate recognition sequences of the inflammatory caspases-1, -11 and -12. In addition, the roles of identified substrates will be examined in several cellular and mouse models of inflammation and infection to understand inflammatory caspase signaling pathways under pathophysiological conditions.
-You have a Master in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Medicine, Bioengineering or Biomedical Sciences
-You are motivated by proteomics, molecular biology and immunology, and eager to enlarge knowledge of the human immune system through basic research
-You read, write and speak English fluently
-You have a strong motivation to learn and good communication skills
-You like to take initiative, are a team player and flexible Training/experience with mouse models is a plus.
Application Deadline is 2012-02-09
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD offers Position in the Department of Physics and Astronomy by Ghent University , Belgium
- Postdoctoral Research Positions in the Department of Information technology 2011-12 in Ghent University, Belgium
- PhD Studentship in Electronics and Information Systems 2011 by Ghent University, Belgium
- PhD Scholarship in the Department of Internal Medicine 2011 at University of Ghent, Belgium
- Ghent University offers PhD Studentship in Information Technology 2011, Belgium