CSIRO Plant Industry is seeking an enthusiastic Post Doctoral Fellow to undertake research to assist with the development of durable rust resistance in wheat against the virulent rust pathotype Ug99 and other rust races. The appointee will be primarily involved in developing, wheat genetic stocks for high resolution genetic and physical mapping, induced mutation populations suitable for gene isolation, and combining multiple resistance genes to targeted chromosomes. Cloning, sequencing and analysis of very large DNA fragments from targeted regions will be required.
Contribute to the molecular genetic analysis of plant-pathogen interaction in the research program
Develop innovative concepts, tools and techniques for analysis of multiple rust resistance genes in a polyploid genome
Undertake the development and characterization of mutagenised populations for targeted rust resistance loci.
Application Deadline is 20 May 2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Fulbright CSIRO Postgraduate Scholarship – Australia
- Postgraduate Scholarship Program by CSIRO – Australia
- PhD Scholarship in Solar Radiation and Energy by CSIRO Australia
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Molecular Genetics – UK
- PhD Studentship in Ionic liquids at CSIRO Energy Technology 2012-13, Australia