The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M) is a multidisciplinary centre for climate research located in Hamburg, Germany. It has an internationally recognized reputation in climate modelling. Within the project MiKlip (Mittelfristige Klimaprognosen) by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) we are looking for a Scientist/PostDoc with a strong background in climate modelling and statistical methods. Within the department “The Ocean in the Earth System” and in close collaboration with the UK MetOffice the successful applicant will be part of a team working on the evaluation of decadal prediction systems. His/her initial task will be to analyse existing and define new experiments for multi-year drought predictions.
-A Ph.D. in applied mathematics, meteorology, oceanography, physics or a related area is required for this position. Excellent skill in programming (Fortran and C) and statistical post-processing languages (R), and an ability and desire to work as part of a team are essential. Experience in the assessment of droughts and extreme-value theory are an advantage.
- The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology seeks to increase the number of female scientist and encourages them to apply. Handicapped persons with comparable qualifications receive preferential status.
Application Deadline is 26 September 2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Research Position in Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology Germany
- The Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre Postdoctoral Position in Germany
- PhD Student Position 2011 at Institute for Metallic Materials, Germany
- 1 Postdoctoral Position and 12 PhD Fellowships 2011, Germany
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist Position by Gray Institute for Radiation Oncology and Biology in UK