Postdoc position in nuclear reaction modelling at the Department of Physics and Astronomy. Possible starting date: March 2011. Research area: Applied nuclear physics.
The Division of Applied Nuclear Physics is known to have a world-class research environment in nuclear data research. Beside the usage of existing state-of-the-art computational codes, a perpetual development of new methods and computational techniques is done in this division.
The postdoc will work on nuclear reaction modelling within the MACRO (MAssive Computation methodology for Reactor Operation) project. The project aims at re-establishing a link between basic nuclear physics and large scale application using the Total Monte Carlo (TMC) technique. The applicant is expected to extend an existing nuclear model code for assessment of nuclear data uncertainties. The applicant will furthermore participate in the supervision of PhD student candidates that apply the code to relevant applications.
Application Deadline is 10 January 2010
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Position at Department of Physics for Solid State NMR – Croatia
- PhD Student Position in Theoretical Fusion Plasma Physics – Sweden
- Macquarie University Research Scholarship in Physics & Astronomy Department, Austrailia
- PostDoc Position in the Department of Particle Physics and Astrophysics – Israel
- Scholarships at International PhD Studies in Applied Nuclear Physics and Innovative Technologies – Poland