Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the MQ research centre in Astronomy Astrophysics and Astrophotonics (MQAAAstro) to work with Dr Mike Ireland and collaborators to develop a network of compact, single-mode spectrographs for radial velocity planet search and asteroseismology of giant stars. The aim of this project is to commission the spectrographs on an international network of small telescopes, and to begin science programs that can disentangle stellar pulsations from the radial velocity signals of exoplanets. Key collaborators in this project are Prof. Quentin Parker at Macquarie, and Prof. Tim Bedding at the University of Sydney.
-A PhD or equivalent in Astronomy or Optical Science.
-Evidence of the ability to work co-operatively in a team environment and communicate effectively.
-Experience with optical instrumentation.
-Experience in exoplanet science or asteroseismology.
Application Deadline is 19 March 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Macquarie University Research Scholarship in Physics & Astronomy Department, Austrailia
- Macquarie University Research Scholarship in Australia
- Earth and Planetary Sciences Research Scholarship in Macquarie University, Australia
- Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow (A562-10LL) Australia
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in High Redshift Galaxy Formation 2012, Australia