The School of Ocean and Earth Science, National Oceanography Centre Southampton, University of Southampton is seeking to recruit a Carbonate Chemistry Postdoctoral Research Fellow to manage the operations and maintenance of the NERC Funded UK Ocean Acidification Programme Carbonate Chemistry Facility. The successful applicant will manage the operations and maintenance of the Carbonate Chemistry Laboratory, undertake training and supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students and researchers in carbonate chemistry measurements, undertake high quality carbonate chemistry measurements (dissolve inorganic carbon, total alkalinity and pH) in seawaters from cruises and ocean acidification experiments. Furthermore, the postdoctoral fellow is expected to assist with other on-going research activities, including dissolved organic carbon analyses, in the Research Group of Professor Eric Achterberg.
You will have a PhD in Chemistry or an appropriate physical science, with further experience in analytical chemistry. Experience with advanced analytical instrumentation for carbonate chemistry measurements is required. You must be able to manage technical staff and work independently in a reliable manner and to work co-operatively as part of a larger team
Application Deadline is 17 January 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship 2011 by the University of Southampton, UK
- Postdoctoral Position in Carbonate Sedimentology and Petrophysics, Netherlands
- Research Fellowship in Psychology 2011 at University of Southampton, UK
- Research Fellowship in Turbulence Simulation by University of Southampton, UK
- Research Fellowship in Allied Health 2011 by University of Southampton, UK