The position is available within the new EU FP-7 Collaborative Project DROUGHT-R&SPI (Drought Research and Policy interfacing). The objective of the project is to reduce Europe’s vulnerability and risk to drought by innovative in-depth studies that combine drought investigations at the pan-European scale with case study areas in water stressed regions (river basin and national scale) for both past and future climate. Drought studies will be performed at different scales to advance our understanding of drought as a natural hazard, its environmental and socio-economic impacts and vulnerabilities, risks and policy responses.
The candidate should have a general background in large-scale hydrology or hydroclimatology and a good process understanding of the main components of the hydrological cycle and its interface with the atmosphere. Experience in drought research and pan-European studies are beneficial. Applications are encouraged from dedicated candidates with strong quantitative skills and technical expertise in computer software and programming. More specifically, the candidate should have the ability to work with large data sets and own programming codes, combining data and observations with modeling (statistical or physically based) tools.
Application Deadline is January 31, 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Cosmology 2011 by University of Oslo, Norway
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Higher Education Studies by the University of Oslo, Norway
- Doctoral Research Fellowship in Humanities at University of Oslo – Norway
- Research Fellowship in Molecular Genetics 2011 by University of Oslo, Norway
- PhD Research Fellowship in Mobile Health Information Systems by Oslo University , Norway