A Postdoctoral Research Associate position is available in the extragalactic and observational cosmology group, in The Jodrell Bank Centre for Astrophysics. The starting date is 1st April 2012 or as soon as possible thereafter. You will work with Dr. Michael Brown on the development and application of new techniques for performing weak gravitational lensing analyses of deep, wide-field sky surveys using powerful new radio telescopes. The University of Manchester operates the UK’s next-generation radio facility, e-MERLIN on behalf of STFC. The Manchester cosmology group is leading SuperCLASS – a novel radio weak lensing survey of a supercluster of galaxies to be performed with e-MERLIN.
Knowledge and experience of some aspect of weak lensing analysis or radio astronomy is essential. You must also hold or be about to obtain a PhD or equivalent in a relevant field, preferably with an emphasis on weak gravitational lensing or radio astronomy areas. An interest in observational cosmology and the underlying physics driving the accelerating Universe is desirable. You must possess excellent communication skills, and programming skills (e.g. c, Fortan, IDL) are essential.
Application Deadline is 31/01/2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Research in Engineering & Physical Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Cosmology 2011 by University of Oslo, Norway
- Research Position in Medical and Human Sciences by University of Manchester, UK
- University of Manchester Research Impact Alumni Studentships 2011-12, UK
- PhD Studentship in Developmental Biomedicine 2011 by University of Manchester, UK