Senior researcher for the coordination of a major research project on implantable glucose sensors. UGent is hiring a senior researcher to be coordinator of a major ongoing research project on continuous glucose monitoring on the basis of silicon photonics. This research is part of a Flemish IWT supported project SBO-Glucosens. GlucoSens aims at the development of enabling technologies for continuous glucose monitoring using implantable single-chip optical sensors. The lifetime of commercially available, implantable electro-chemical glucose sensors is limited to a few days mainly due to bio-fouling and fibrous encapsulation. An optical approach can solve this issue. Within Glucosens, we develop the technology to use a silicon photonics chip packaged in a biocompatible material, an optical approach which might enable the extended lifetime.
Glucosens is multidisciplinary:
silicon nanophotonics, biocompatible polymers, light-matter interaction, in-vitro and in-vivo testing are only some aspects that are covered in the project. Glucosens combines basic research with industrial valorization: together with industrial partners, basic research ideas developed in world class institutes as UGent/imec will be screened for application in medical applications and beyond. Spin-off roads will be evaluated.
Application Deadline is 2011-08-31
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Ghent University offers PhD Studentship in Information Technology 2011, Belgium
- PhD Scholarship in the Department of Internal Medicine 2011 at University of Ghent, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Position in Bioinformatics 2011 by Ghent University, Belgium
- Postdoctoral Researcher in Silicon Photonics Integrated Fiber Interrogator – Belgium
- PhD Position in Cognitive Networking Solutions at Ghent University – Belgium