The UCL Department of Biochemical Engineering is one of the leading international centres for bioprocess research. It has excellent research facilities from robotic microwell devices to a full-scale £25m bioprocessing pilot plant. A Research Associate position is now available as part of research into thermostable formualtion of live virus vaccines. The candidate will be required to assist in the design of formulation experiments, generate lentiviral material from adherent cell cultures and develop microscale formulation experiments analysed on a high-throughput platform. Analysis of active virus particles using infectivity assays will be required. The post holder would be responsible for reporting on project progress and the preparation and submission of research papers arising from these and related studies. This post is funded for 6 months.
Hold a Masters level degree in Biochemical Engineering or a related discipline and have experience in the following areas: laboratory automation, use of Design Expert software, lentivirus production using adherent cell culture, flow cytometry, p24 ELISAs, dynamic light scattering, nano-particle tracking and TECAN robotic liquid handling systems.
Application deadline is 14 Aug 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Research Assistant Position in Neurology by University College London, UK
- Research Assistant Position by University College London, UK
- Research Assistant in Learning Disabilities by University College London, UK
- Research Associate Position in Cardiovascular Biology by King’s College London, UK
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Physics 2012 by King’s College London, UK