Applications are invited for a Research Assistant with the language group, led by Professor Cathy Price at the Wellcome Trust Centre for Neuroimaging. The overall aim of the work id to predict recovery of speech and language after stroke. The postholder will be responsible for recruiting stroke patients from local hospitals and stroke clubs, neuropsychological assessments using a standard battery of language tests, booking and caring for patients during brain imaging, updating patient databases and various administration aspects of the study as required. The post is funded by a Wellcome Trust grant awarded to Professor Price, and available from April 2012 for one year in the first instance, on a full or part time basis.
Applicants should have experience of working with stroke patients and liaising with hospital staff. Experience of administering research projects is essential, as are good communication skills, both written and oral. A BSc or MSc in speech therapy, psychology or related discipline is desirable.
Application deadline is 21 May 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Research Assistant in Learning Disabilities by University College London, UK
- King’s College London offers 2012 Research Assistant in Management, UK
- Postdoctoral Research Assistant at University of London – UK
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Physics 2012 by King’s College London, UK
- Senior Research Position in Speech Technology by Universities of Edinburgh, UK