The project focuses on studies of different redox-, radical- and metallo-proteins involved in oxygen activation and electron transport. This includes the proteins/protein systems of ribonucleotide reductase (RNR), nitric oxide synthase (NOS), catalase-peroxidase (KatG), cytochrome c and myoglobin. For these systems the combination of protein crystallography with different in-situ spectroscopic techniques as well as other complementary biophysical methods is very important for the functional understanding. The in-situ spectroscopic techniques are also important due to the potential radiation damage that these redoxproteins experience during crystallographic data collection.
The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in physical biochemistry / structural biology and postdoctoral experience in this field. The applicant must have expertise in methods that are necessary to complete the project. Expertise in protein crystallography combined with single-crystal spectroscopy (Raman and UV-vis), and experience with redox-, heme-, flavin-, radical- and metallo-proteins would be a clear advantage. In addition, the candidate should have experience with protein expression/purification.
Application Deadline is 4 April, 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- PhD Research Fellow position in Economics by the University of Oslo, Norway
- Research Fellowship in Molecular Genetics 2011 by University of Oslo, Norway
- PhD Fellowship in Medical Science 2011 by University of Oslo, Norway
- Senior Research Position in European Studies by Oslo University , Norway
- Postdoctoral Position in Milk Protein Biochemistry by Aarhus University, Denmark