Applications are invited for the position of Research Associate in Pure Mathematics, tenable from 1 October 2012 for a period of one year. You should have completed a PhD in Pure Mathematics and should have a background in analytic number theory or algebraic geometry. You will be expected to teach undergraduate courses and at least one tutorial, in addition to working with Dr. Tim Browning on his research. The Department of Mathematics is one of the leading centres for research and teaching in mathematical sciences in the UK, and offers a stimulating and friendly environment with first-rate facilities. If successful, you may be appointed either on a fixed-term or an open-ended contract depending on the extent of your previous relevant research experience. Three years’ appropriate and relevant experience at another higher education institution would normally lead to an appointment on an open-ended contract.
Expertise in analytic number theory or algebraic geometry, and experience in teaching PhD in Mathematics
Application Deadline is 30 Mar 2012
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in Pure Mathematics by University of Cambridge, UK
- Postdoctoral Research Position in Satellite Remote Sensing 2012 by The University of Bristol, UK
- Research Associate in Medical Statistics 2011 by University of Bristol, UK
- PhD Scholarship Position in Mathematics Education 2011, Norway
- Postdoctoral Fellowships in Mathematics by KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden