The Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET commits grant funds from the National Skills Fund (NSF) towards the Scarce Skills Development Fund Programme (SSDF), which targets students and fellows. The management of the SSDF programme is performed in accordance with the memorandum of agreement (MoA) between the National Research Foundation (NRF) and the DHET.
Fellowships are open to only bonafide South African citizens with an honors, Master’s or doctoral degree. • Applicants should have obtained an aggregate of at least 60% in their previous degree. Master’s Scholarships R 60 000 p. A Doctoral Scholarships R 90 000 p.a Postdoctoral Fellowships R 160 000 p.a R 30 000 p.a (contribution towards running) expenses for research) R 15 000 p.a (compulsory host institutional contribution) • Applicants must have obtained their previous degree in the minimum prescribed period. An exception is made for Black (African, Colored and Indian) students/fellows who may have taken an additional year to complete their previous degree.
Application deadline is 30 June 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit the below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Bigen Africa Bursary for Undergraduate Students in Engineering 2011, South Africa
- South African Women in Science and Engineering (SA WISE) – Angus Scholarship in Science and Engineering, South Africa
- Equity Development Programme (EDP) Scholarship 2010 South Africa
- 2011-12 Africa Biosciences Challenge Fund Research Fellowships
- Transnet Bursary for South African Citizens for Undergraduate Studies 2011, South Africa