The Scholarship Scheme for Women Scientists for societal programmes is an initiative of the Department of Science & Technology. This scheme is addressed to women scientists and technologists who have a “break in their careers” due to social responsibilities but have desire to return to mainstream science and work as bench-level scientists. Women scientists desiring to apply for this scheme are required to develop research project/ proposals for disseminating science and technological solutions addressing issues at the grass roots for societal benefits.The scholarship will be given initially for duration of three years. The period may be extended till the five years, if recommended by Experts during periodic reviews.A Committee of Experts will be involved in the selection process. The two-tier selection process will be adopted involving initial screening and subsequent individual presentation by the screened-in candidates before a group of Experts.
1. Who are Indian nationals living in India,
2. Who are currently not employed in permanent position/candidate should not be on contractual / Temporary position at the time of joining the project.
3. Whose age is below 55 years at the time of applying.
4. Who possess one of the following qualifications: PhD or masters degree in science or Bachelors/ master’s degree in engineering / technology, architecture, medicine / pharmacy / Veterinary
Application Deadline is 30th April 2012.
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.
Similar Scholarship Opportunities:
- Research Intermediate Fellowships – India
- Vaccine Research Innovation (VRI) Awards 2011-12, India
- Fellowship for Training of Young Scientists (Ftys) India for 2011-12
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Council of Scientific and Industrial Research of India
- Summer Research Fellowships Programme 2011, India